|Chart from MPA Release on 13 Sep 2017.|
In today's collision, the tanker sustained damage to its starboard bow and is currently anchored at the Eastern Anchorage. Two MPA tug boats moved the partially submerged dredger to an area near Pulau Senang for follow up underwater search operations.
|The capsized dredger. Photo by CNA on 13 Sep 17.|
Update 12 Jul 2018: Seaman responsible for fatal ship collision near Pulau Sebarok jailed for two years by Shaffiq Idris Alkhatib Straits Times 11 Jul 18;
Oil spills on our Southern Islands
Our Southern Islands including the islands of our Marine Park lie close to the Singapore Strait, a major shipping lane connecting the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean.
|Large vessel in the Singapore Strait from Sisters Islands|
with St John's Island on the horizon.
|Huge container ship seen off Sisters Island.|
|Large vessels travelling off the Marine Park.|
Photo by Chia Wei Wei during a public walk
at the Sisters Islands Marine Park in Dec 2015.
Recent ship collisions and oil spills
- Oil slick washed up at East Coast Park (19 Jul 2017)
- Oil spill off Pulau Tekong in Johor waters 15 Jun 2017
- Oil spill near Pulau Ubin, 4 Jan 2017
- Ship collision near the Sisters Islands Marine Park, 3 Aug 2016
- Two container ships collide while anchored off East Coast Park, 30 Sep 2016
- Oil spill off Live Firing Islands, 26 Jul 2016
- Oil spill at Pulau Busing on 30 Apr 2016
- 2 Jan 2015: Oil spill off Pedra Branca
- "Human error and poor judgement" cause of 3 oil spills in 2 weeks in Jan-Feb 2014
- Volunteers survey impact of 10 Feb oil spill
- 10 Feb 2014: Another oil spill near Sisters Islands
- Impact of Jan 2014 oil spills on Southern Islands
- Two collisions with oil spills near Southern Islands in Jan 2014
- Oil spill off East Coast Park, 2 Jul 2013
- Ship collision off Sisters Island on 2 Mar 2013: no oil spilled
- Oil spill off Sultan Shoal, Jurong Island on 9 Sep 2012