|I love the cover: highlights the massive reclamation|
for the Pasir Panjang Terminal taken from
Labrador Hill. I can almost see Cyrene Reef!
I'm a geography zero so I found the book packed with fascinating information!
There's lots of cool maps such as this colourful geological map of Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore.
It will indeed be a great resource for me, to get a good grounding in the issues, and to better understand some of the new information about climate and other changes ahead of us.
Thank you Dan and Lisda for the book. Kimmy also thanks you. She immediately owned the box that the book was delivered in!
Here's the proper description of the book provided by Lisda:
Dynamic Environments of Singapore
Authors Dr Daniel Friess, Dr Grahame Oliver Specifications
8 in x 10 in
192 pp Soft cover
About the book:
• This book provides a comprehensive overview of the diverse biophysical environments found in Singapore.
• The book is suitable for reading across disciplines such as Geography, Biology, Ecology and Earth Sciences.
• The book describes Singapore’s coastal, terrestrial and aquatic environments.
• It links the long-term geological processes with the ever-changing terrain of Singapore.
• The book allows readers to understand the importance of the biophysical environment of Singapore in urban development, future land-use decisions and climate change adaptations.
Features of the book:
- The book is organized in the following manner:
I. Singapore and the Earth System
II. Singapore’s Coastal and Marine Environment
III. Singapore’s Terrestrial Environment
IV. The Future of Singapore
- It has an Index at the end of the book that lists important terms found in the book.
- Full colour maps and diagrams.
- Easy to understand language.
- Suitable for use in introductory undergraduate and junior college courses.
For more details contact McGraw-Hill Education (Asia).