Other animals who are in dire need of help are the abused victims of the illegal exotic pet trade, who are often found abandoned to their fate in Singapore's parks and wild places. Here's more about some of the terrible effects of animals released into our wild places.
For just $1 a day, you can be directly responsible for giving an animal the chance to lead a happy and healthy life. You also have the option of choosing the animal you would like to help. They include tortoises, turtles, lizards and snakes.
With the plight of these animals in mind, the ACRES Wildlife Rescue Centre (AWRC) was set up to rescue and nurture native wild animals in distress before helping them return to their natural habitat, and to provide a safe haven for animals rescued from the illegal exotic pet trade before they can hopefully be repatriated to their country of origin.
The AWRC and the ACRES Wildlife Rescue Team operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, resulting in a heavy strain on our resources. The process of rescuing an animal and releasing it back into its natural habitat or repatriating it involves several costly factors as follows:
- Full physical check-up of the animal.
- Microchip implant for identification.
- Medication and nutritional supplements, with veterinary treatment or surgery if required.
- Upkeep of the ACRES wildlife rescue centre
- Maintenance of our animal rescue and veterinary care equipment.
- Transportation costs to release an animal back into the wild or repatriate them.
As a member of the programme, your donation will directly help safeguard their health and journey back into the wild or to their country of origin, as well as aid in the construction of various enriching structures such as slopes, burrows, tunnels and pools in their AWRC enclosures.
What are the benefits of being an "Animal Benefactor"? As a thank you from the animals, all Animal Benefactors will receive the following benefits:
- A personalised “Thank You” letter from your adopted animal.
- A photo of your animal.
- An “Animal Benefactor” certificate.
- A fact sheet about and written history of your animal.
- A yearly report and photo detailing your animal's progress.
- A special mention on our e-newsletter and Facebook fanpage.
- An invitation to be present at animal’s release or repatriation, if this is possible.
- Double tax exemption for your donation.
Read more about Acres' Animal Benefactor Programme, the animals that they have helped so far and how you can make a difference.