|Is this the Area A off Changi Naval Base|
where the accident took place?
In addition to the above information, The New Paper reports
A spokesman for the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) told The New Paper: "The Hanjin New York dragged anchor and contacted the bow of a Liberia-registered container ship, MSC Claudia.The current location of MSC Claudia, off East Coast Park.
"Ten 40-foot empty containers fell from Hanjin New York onto MSC Claudia's bow and one 40-foot empty container fell into the sea."
TNP understands that there were strong currents when the collision occurred.
It is believed to be the first case of an anchor drag collision off Singapore.
The container that fell into the sea has been retrieved and arrangements are being made to remove the 10 containers from MSC Claudia."
|From Vessel Finder screen capped 5 Oct 2016.|
|Wider view of position of MSC Claudia.|
From Vessel Finder screen capped on 5 Oct 2016.
|From Vessel Finder screen capped on 5 Oct 2016.|
I could not find a report on this accident by MPA on their website.
What shores lie near the accident site.
There are living reefs growing on the artificial seawalls of Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, and along the artificial shores at Tanah Merah towards Changi Naval Base. We saw otters during our last survey at the reefy edge of this area in Apr 2016.
- News articles about this incident on wildsingapore news.
Recent ship collisions and oil spills
- Ship collision near the Sisters Islands Marine Park, 3 Aug 2016
- Oil spill off Live Firing Islands, 26 Jul 2016
- Oil spill at Pulau Busing on 30 Apr 2016
- 2 Jan 2015: Oil spill off Pedra Branca
- "Human error and poor judgement" cause of 3 oil spills in 2 weeks in Jan-Feb 2014
- Volunteers survey impact of 10 Feb oil spill
- 10 Feb 2014: Another oil spill near Sisters Islands
- Impact of Jan 2014 oil spills on Southern Islands
- Two collisions with oil spills near Southern Islands in Jan 2014
- Oil spill off East Coast Park, 2 Jul 2013
- Ship collision off Sisters Island on 2 Mar 2013: no oil spilled
- Oil spill off Sultan Shoal, Jurong Island on 9 Sep 2012