25 September 2026

Love Our Mother Shores: Help make nudibranchs!

These handmade nudibranchs are given out as prizes and gifts during Love our Mother Shores events: talks, walks, exhibitions.
Handmade nudibranch plushies
I need help making lots of them as we try to share with as many people as possible about Our Mother Shores.

You are the person to help us if
  • You Love Our Mother Shores and her Babies.
  • You can thread a needle and knot it in 30secs.
  • You love hand sewing (these nudis cannot be made by machine sewing)
  • Have time to produce at least 60 nudibranchs a month.

Sign up here!

All materials will be provided.

I will arrange a few group sessions at a central location for volunteers to learn how to do this. But will leave it to you to make them on your own. I will pick up your nudis when you have a good quantity completed.

More about Love Our Mother Shores
https://www.wildsingapore.com/mothershores/index.html

Any questions, please contact me, Ria Tan
hello@wildsingapore.com
or FB messenger https://www.facebook.com/wildsingapore/

Nudibranch Factory is launched

Yesterday, with more than 20 volunteers. Coming together to learn how to make nudis and seastars. Braving the hazardous haze levels, to work in an open air site, they came bringing family and friends. Despite my very bad training effort, most achieved good standards! Better than my previous teaching attempts. They took home kits to make nudis and seastars. Thank you everyone!
Special thanks to Wai Mei and Nicole and other who were there early, to help set up. And super special thanks to Shawn for taking photos and coming up with a How-To-Guide! I am too lazy to do one and prefer to shout at people on the spot (sorry). Thanks also to Ivy who offered to come to the next group session to help me teach.


There will be more sessions in November. I cannot take anymore people for group sessions in October. Mainly because I have run our of materials and it takes time for these to be delivered.

Once again, thank you for showing up for Our Mother Shores!

For more about the different kinds of marine animals I have made from socks over the years, see this Flickr album
marine plushies