Lots of people with small children were playing in the water and the sand on the beach. Probably because NEA said a week ago that "test results have shown that the seawater quality is normal."
one day after the oil spill happened.
About a week later, the stakes and bags look very much the same, still heavily coated in oil.
Today, Chay Hoon and I also surveyed these areas for oil spill impact
- Changi Creek near Changi Point Ferry Terminal
- Changi Creek mangroves
- Changi seagrass meadows near Changi Point Ferry Terminal
Posts about the Johor Strait oil spill in Jan 2017
- How are Pasir Ris mangroves and seagrass meadows after the oil spill?
- Are we helping or harming when we 'clean' oiled mangroves?
- Oil spill at East Johor Strait: YOUR sightings
- Key happenings: Oil spill at East Johor Strait, Jan 2017
- Survey of oil spill spill impact on Ubin and mainland Singapore, 5 Jan 2017
- Oil spill near Pulau Ubin, 4 Jan 2017