The associated pages on wildsingapore have been updated with information on how to stay safe on the shores.
For particularly dangerous animals on the wild fact sheets, there is a little red box with the pertinent information.
The key steps to staying safe are quite sensible:
- Walk slowly, watch where you put your foot.
- Avoid stepping into the water. Especially avoid murky water where you cannot see what you are stepping on.
- Do not touch or step on animals.
- Don't harass animals. CHOPSTICKS ARE BAD. They make you want to poke everything at close quarters, well within striking distance of animals that can sting, bite, pinch and slash you.
- Wear COVERED shoes. Booties are best.
- Wear long pants to cover all skin exposed to water.
- Be knowledgeable about the animals on the shores. Respect them.
All people coming for my field trips will have to score well on the quiz or I will have to think hard about bringing them along...