10 May 2009

Sentosa soft launch of Nature's Niche and Cicada Tree Eco Place

Yesterday, Nature's Niche and Cicada Tree Eco Place had a soft launch of the new Sentosa Nature Shop and Cicada Tree's new website.
Nature's Niche is my favourite bookshop and Cicada Tree is doing great work. So I dragged myself over after the morning trip, and was late because I had a nap beforehand.

After a bit of a treasure hunt on Sentosa for urban-challenged me, I finally found the shop and Bee Choo, who runs the Nature's Niche bookshop.
I met Sek Chuan with his bike on the way in. And much later on, I caught up with Subaraj, Sham and family, and Morten too! Haha, I wasn't the last one to arrive.I was just in time to catch the launch of Cicada Tree's new webpage.It's a great site jam-packed with all kinds of information and activities and fun links and more!
Celine of Cicada Tree also developed their very own environmentally friendly mosquito repellent!
Cicada Tree focuses on nature education for kids and this was going right in the same room as the web launch. Nature's Niche and Cicada Tree will be conducting many more activities for kids and nature lovers at their new Sentosa location! Look out for them.
Just outside the shop is a lovely aerial walkway that takes you among the trees.As I walked to the end, under the towering palms (looks like Nibong!)I met up with Angie and Joseph Lai.
While Andrew was busy conducting another fabulous kids' activity there.

Congratulations to all for a fantastic soft launch! Looking forward to the official launch and start of many fascinating outreach activities at this new location.

Nature's Niche at Sentosa Nature Discovery is at Imbiah
21 Siloso Road #02-01, Singapore 098968
(behind Butterfly Park, follow the signs for Sentosa Nature Discovery)
There is parking at Imbiah carpark, but on weekends this is usually full, so park at the Beach Station and take the free Blue Line shuttle for Imbiah.

More on the websites for Nature’s Niche and Cicada Tree Eco-Place.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails