online! Registration closes on 9 May (Wed).
To help prepare you, this familiarisation tour in May introduces you Chek Jawa and hopes to build your confidence to share at one station of your choice along the boardwalk during Balik Chek Jawa in June.
It is also a chance to interact with like-minded people and more experienced nature guides while coming up with new and exciting ways to share about our shores. The tour will take you around the Chek Jawa coastal and mangrove boardwalk.
Why should I join this familiarisation tour?
By joining this FREE tour, you will not only learn about the wildlife at Chek Jawa, but also have a chance to contribute to Balik Chek Jawa by learning how to be a nature guide!
Date: 12 May (Sat)
Time: 8.00 am-12 noon
(More details will be provided to those who register)
Click here to sign up!
Registration closes on 9 May 2018
Continue reading for more information on what you can learn, and who is eligible to join the tour!
You will learn:
- How to spot wildlife
- Guiding tips
- Tricky guiding situations, e.g. dealing with 'difficult' visitors
- You are expected to read up the bulk of the information on your own. Links to online resources will be provided.
Who can join the Familiarisation Tour?
- Participants should be 19 years old and above.
- Younger participants may participate if accompanied by a parent/guardian during both the familiarisation tour and Balik Chek Jawa.
- Families are welcome to join the familiarisation tour and volunteer at Balik Chek Jawa.
- Individual participants under 19 years of age will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Participants must commit to help at Balik Chek Jawa on 10 Jun, 2018 (Sun).
What is Balik Chek Jawa?
Part of Pesta Ubin, Balik Chek Jawa is a FREE Open House at Chek Jawa. Volunteers (you!) will be stationed all over the boardwalk to share about Chek Jawa's amazing wildlife. There are also lots of fun activities for kids and the family at House No. 1, Chek Jawa's Visitor Centre (There will be NO activities on the seashores).
Date: 10 Jun (Sun)
Time: 10am - 3pm
Meeting point: Chek Jawa Info Kiosk.
More details on Balik Chek Jawa 2018 here.
What happened at Balik Chek Jawa 2017!
If you have any questions about the familiarisation tour or sign-ups, please email email@example.com.