There were not many freshly dead fishes. I saw about 30 dead fishes and most looked like they died in the days before.
Fish farm trash
None of the 117 coastal fish farms licenced by AVA are provided with daily door-to-door trash collection. Although this service is provided by MPA to all ships parked in port, and by NEA to all businesses and households on the mainland.
With the launch of the Lorong Halus Jetty last week, the 63 coastal fish farms in the East have for the first time since the 1970's been provided with industrial-sized trash disposal containers dedicated to fish farm trash on the mainland.
Pasir Ris and Pulau Ubin.
Mass fish deaths at Sungei Buloh
- Dead fishes at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve again (24 Jul 2014)
- Some dead fishes seen at Sungei Buloh (May 2014)
- What the fish? Figuring out dead fishes at Sungei Buloh (Apr 2014)
- Still lots of dead fishes at Sungei Buloh (Apr 2014)
- Thousands of farm fishes rot at Sungei Buloh (Apr 2014)
Fish farm trash on our shores
- Fish farm trash on northern Ubin
- Trashy Pasir Park and fish farms
- Fish farms and trash at Pulau Ubin
- AVA probes mystery of fish deaths at Sungei Buloh Cheryl Faith Wee The Straits Times AsiaOne 27 Jul 14;
- AVA seeks ideas to develop a more sustainable sea-based farming system Amanda Lee Today Online 24 Jul 14;
- New Lorong Halus Jetty a boost for fish farmers Amanda Lee Channel NewsAsia 25 Jul 14;