13 July 2011

'Seacil' debris still on Labrador?

Oh dear, this morning I still saw a large slab of concrete near the jetty on Labrador.
I never did get a response on whether this and other large concrete slabs that I've seen since 2006 were debris from the Seacil Project. Hopefully, we can all find out more about the debris during the 27 Jul (Wed) Discussion on the "Seacil Artificial Reef" Project.

A closer look at the large concrete slab that I saw this morning.
I've seen this same slab in March 2010.
Large debris on Labrador - from Seacils Project? 1 Mar 2010
And in June 2008.
Large debris on Labrador - from Seacils Project? 21 Jun 2008
Andy has a look at the PVC pipe near the large concrete slab. The PVC pipe seems to be the same 'age' as the concrete slab. I also saw several smaller slabs under the jetty.
This morning, I saw this strange tangle of litter tossed on the high shore among the bushes. It looked familiar. When I got home and looked at my earlier photos of these large debris, I realised why.
This is the piece of concrete that I saw in Dec 2007.
Large debris on Labrador - from Seacils Project? 27 Dec 2007
It was a piece that broke off from a larger slab of concrete that looked like a Seacil.
Large debris on Labrador - from Seacils Project? 27 Dec 2007
Here's a closer look at the tangle of debris I saw today.
I've uploaded photos of the large debris seen on Labrador to flickr in this set.
More background on the large debris seen on Labrador since 2006, and about the 27 Jul (Wed) Discussion on the "Seacil Artificial Reef" Project. The discussion is free and open to the public.

More about the marine life seen at Labrador during today's trip.

Andy also blogged about the trip with a video clip of the large slab of concrete seen today.

abandoned seacil @ labrador 13July2011 from SgBeachBum on Vimeo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails