|Dr John Yong (left most) at Kranji mangroves|
Warning: Dr Yong's passion for mangroves is highly infectious. I am among his many mangrove mania students and have learnt a lot from him!
This is the first talk at Sungei Buloh to celebrate 2011 International Year of the Forests.
Come for this talk to learn lots about our mangroves. Topics include the following:
1. Importance of hydrology in governing mangrove health
2. Importance of mud accretion
3. Floristic components – an update
4. Albinos in mangroves
5. Plus an introduction to various Green Engineering involving mangroves for coastal protection.
6. Implementation of these ideas for Mangrove Ecological Restoration in Sungei Buloh
Time: 8.45am to 10.30am
Venue: Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve – Theatre
Website and contact: http://www.sbwr.org.sg/