Proposals feature race tracks of about 4km long, grandstands for at least 8,000 spectators and auto workshop facilities. One proposal that aims to create a family and tourist destination includes video arcades, a 120-room three-star hotel, a museum and beach activities.
More details in media articles on the wildsingapore news blog.
The shores at Changi are very much alive and reminiscent of Chek Jawa.
See latest blog posts and photos about Changi.
- Work on Changi Motorsports Hub halted Ian De Cotta Channel NewsAsia 14 Feb 11;
- CPIB looks into Changi Motorsports Hub deal Sources say CPIB is investigating award of the tender to the winning consortium Nisha Ramchandani Business Times 6 Jan 11;
- Work begins on Changi racing hub $380m motorsports project on track to be completed by end-2011, Christopher Tan, Straits Times 14 Dec 10;
- SG Changi wins bid to build Changi Motorsports Hub Patwant Singh Channel NewsAsia 26 Mar 10;
- Changi race track: Finance hurdle ahead? Straits Times 24 Jan 10;
- Changi Race Track - more land may be set aside
- Motorsports hub proposal at Changi hits bumps Terms of tender, poor economic climate, site conditions raise risks, costs for potential bidders, Nisha Ramchandani, Business Times 13 Jul 09;
- Sports Council calls for tenders to build permanent racing track Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia 30 Mar 09;
- Tenders for proposed Changi race track will be called soon Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia 17 Feb 09;
- Motorcycle championship in Singapore Ian De Cotta, Today Online 31 Oct 08;
- Singapore on track to complete Changi race circuit Ilsa Chan, ChannelnewsAsia 25 Sep 08;
- Racing to build a local circuit Letter from Fan Chian Jen Deputy Director, Motor Sports Department, Singapore Sports Council Today Online 19 Sep 08;
- Motorsports to get permanent Changi racetrack Leonard Lim Straits Times 27 Oct 07
- How about a green prix in Singapore? An electric car race at F1 leg here would help showcase Republic's eco-awareness, Dr Jem Bendell, Today Online 20 Feb 08;