The main issue should not be whether the dolphins or whale sharks that Resorts World at Sentosa plans to acquire are listed as “endangered” or “least concern” or “vulnerable”.
How endangered these species are is important, but what Acres feels is most important is the individual animals that will be and are affected by Resorts World at Sentosa’s decisions.
Full letter also on the wildsingapore news blog.
The poster for the petition against captive whale sharks at Resorts World Sentosa.
- ACRES website
- Georgia Aquarium responds to Singapore petition against captive whale sharks.
- Resorts World Sentosa's response to petition against captive whale sharks
- Animal welfare groups oppose import of whale sharks at Sentosa IR
- The petition is at http://www.whalesharkpetition.com/
- I will boycott Resorts World Sentosa and its Marine Life Park Facebook group:
- More about the issues with lots of links on the wild shores of singapore blog