|From the Tanjung Piai |
Integrated Petroleum and Petrochemical Hub website.
From the Tanjung Piai Integrated Petroleum and Petrochemical Hub website, the plan is to create the following:
- A 'man-made' island
- Total size of 3,485 acres
- Phase 1 : 1,000 acres & Phase 2 : 1,000 acres.
- Phase 3 & 4 : 1,485 acres
- Each phase will take about 5 years to complete
- Expected overall completion - 20 years
Reclamation works for Phase 1 began in December last year after the relevant approvals were secured, and there has been formation of land covering more than 100 acres at the project to date.
Here's some graphics of the Forest City and Tanjung Piai reclamation from media articles.
|From Straits Times, 19 Mar 15|
|From The Malaysian Insider, on Today Online 19 Mar 15.|
Here's our last view of the Forest City reclamation.
|Forest City reclamation off Singapore's Tuas Merawang Beacon|
during our last survey here in Feb 2016.