08 September 2009

Another peek at Marina at Keppel Bay

I was back at the Marina, this time with Prof Peter Todd of the National University of Singapore's Marine Bio Lab. To discuss possible collaboration on doing reef studies at the Marina.
And peeking at the luxuriant marine life growing on the pontoons, I notice hard coral!

Yes, it's a tiny colony of Cauliflower coral (Pocillopora sp.)!
The orange bit is intriguing. Some kind of anemone? Or Cave corals (Tubastrea sp.)? Wow, so much to find out. We were in a bit of a rush so couldn't take more photos.

Francis Olsen of the Marina kindly brought us around the site so that Peter could have a look at the seawalls. Then I noticed intriguing coastal forest growths in the patch of the island that seemed to have escaped development. We are hoping to be able to get some Real Botanists to have a look at it and see if there are any special trees and plants there.

This is very exciting!

At the same time, as this was the only time slot that we could both make, I met up with Alicia at the Marina and she passed me my copy of the Semakau Book!

I'm going through it right now and will blog about it soon. It's a fabulous book! I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails