Once a year, the world's bloggers unite in posting about the same issue on the same day on their own blogs. To spark discussion on an issue of global importance. Blog Action Day 2009 will be the largest-ever social change event on the web.
To join, simply register with the Blog Action Day site, add their banner to your blog, facebook or twitter and then post about the topic on 15 Oct.
From the Blog Action Day website
Why Climate Change?
Climate change affects us all and it threatens more than the environment. It threatens to cause famine, flooding, war, and millions of refugees.
Given the urgency of the issue of climate change and the upcoming international climate negotiations in Copenhagen this December, we think the blogosphere has the unique opportunity to mobilize millions of people around expressing support for finding a sustainable solution to the climate crisis.
We encourage you to write about climate change in the context of how it relates to the topic of your blog. To help you start thinking, here are a few ideas about how you might connect climate change to things that you might already write about:
- A Technology or Business blog might write about emerging clean tech and how innovative companies might be able to help address the problem of climate change.
- A Health or Lifestyle blog might write about how climate change will affect our children's health and daily living.
- A Nonprofit or Political blog might write about how climate change is deeply connected to many other issues - such as poverty and conflict.
- A Design blog might write about new trends in eco-friendly or sustainable design.
- A Travel blog might write about the places you want to see now before climate change makes them difficult to access or, well, under the sea.